Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kids...Gotta love 'em.

Since starting preschool, my little man has been bringing home all kinds of wonderful creations and artistic endeavours.

The cutest one ever, was his carton of "eggs". He brought home an egg-carton, and in each of the egg-holes, he'd carefully placed bottle-tops. When I babysat his little friend, one evening, she threw all the bottle-tops around the room, and my poor little man was horrified, and had to scramble under the couch and collect all his "eggs".


I love seeing his drawings (I think he's quite talented, but that could be just proud mama with her rose-coloured glasses on...).

The dilemma is what to do with them all. I don't have the heart to throw them out, because they're just so adorable.

So I created our very own Wall of Fame.

Problem solved.

Now, I'm well aware that you will never see this splendid idea on Better Homes and Gardens. Bit too messy-looking, and doesn't suit the clean, modern look, but I quite like it. Makes our home seem warm and welcoming.

Below is the latest artwork of his family. He "forgot" to draw his baby brother.

I particularly like how we've all got vampire fangs...

When he was a baby, an older work colleague of mine, suggested keeping a notebook of all the funny little things he says and does, as he grows up, so that I don't forget.

I'm really glad I took her advice because, already, I would have forgotten so much.

For instance, we always give thanks before our meals. One evening, at the tender age of 3, he volunteered to say "grace". Hubby and I looked at each other, and wondered what on earth he was going to come out with.

It went like this: "Thank you for Jesus........For eating.......and.......Amen"

We could barely say "Amen".

We were too busy, bursting with pride.

No comments: