Thursday, May 20, 2010

100 Things I Love...

1. Listening to the sounds of children playing in the street.

2. Hearing my 4yo son say grace

3. Seeing the garden burst into life, when Spring arrives.

4. A glorious Autumn day.

5. The smell of fresh-baked bread. (Darn that Subway, they get me every time...)

6. Curling up in bed with a book

7. Holding hands with my husband

8. Reminiscing with old friends

9. Eating peaches off the tree

10. The smell of woodsmoke

11. My Nanna's tomato sandwiches. Noboby in the world makes tomato sandwiches like my darling Nanna. Eighty-three years young, and still a girl at heart. One of my heroes :-)

12. Watching my children sleeping.

13. People leaving nice comments on my blog. Yes, you know who you are. Love youse all!!

14. Lying on the trampoline watching the clouds float by

15. When  my husband rings from work just to say I Love You.

16. Driving by myself with the music turned up.

17. Dancing around the lounge room with my sons.

18. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets

19. Walking in the fresh air.

20. Long hot showers.

21. The sound of birds chirping in the garden.

22. A back-rub

23. A good heart-to-heart conversation with my husband

24. Picking up my son from preschool. He runs at me, yelling "Mummy!!" at the top of his lungs. Despite having to apologise to all the kids he's knocked over in his excitement, and deafened with his yelling, it never fails to lift my spirits.

25. The smell of rain.

26. The feeling of being right with God.

27. My Mum's tuna mornay. Mmmmmm.

28. Watching my husband play with his sons.

29. The wallflowers in my garden. Even on the greyest Winter day, there they are, nodding their cheery little heads.

30. Putting on a funky pair of earrings.

31. Playing the piano. Especially making up my own music as I go along.

32. My grandparents old house. It's just so....homey.

33. Laying in bed listening to the rain.

34. Listening to Tongan's singing.

35. How Great Thou Art. My favourite hymn ever.

36. When a stranger does something nice

37. Old people's eyes. I love how they are lined and craggy and knowing.

38. Chubby little arms flung around my neck.

39. The handmade creations my son brings home from preschool.

40. Finding a bargain. (All those in favour say Aye....)

41. Stopping to smell the roses. Both literally and figuratively.

42. Long balmy Summer evenings

43. Daydreaming.

44. When my cooking actually turns out like it's supposed to. And my family actually like it...

45. Warm toast and hot chocolate on a Winter evening.

46. Learning something new.

47. Doing good deeds for others.

48. Expressing myself with words.

49. When the sun shines on the suncatcher in my window, and makes little rainbows all around the room.

50. Babies...

51. Picking vegetables out of my own garden.

52. When my sons come and climb into bed with me in the morning.

53. A vase of flowers.

54. My blanket. I cannot go to sleep without it, even on the hottest night.

55. The innocence of childhood, and the idealism of youth.

56. Poetry

57. Wild horses.

58. The books on my bookshelf. I love looking at them...

59. Op-shopping

60. Saying thank-you, every night, for all the good things in my life.

61. Cheesecake. Naughty, but oh so nice.

62. The things kids say...

63. Gazing up at the Milky Way, and remembering the awesomeness of God's creation.

64. The look on a groom's face, when his bride walks down the aisle. Pass the tissues, please...

65. Going to watch the local footie team.

66. A summer storm, and the rainbow at the end.

67. Lighthouses.

68. The first warm breezes of Summer.

69. A good night's sleep.

70. When both boys are in bed, asleep, by 7:30pm and I have a few delicious hours to myself.

71. Date nights with my husband. Though they be few and far between.

72. Salt-of-the-earth country folks. They're my people.

73. My dad's quiet, thoughtful manner.

74. Working in the garden. Not that you'd ever guess by looking at my garden...

75. The rowdiness that happens whenever all my aunties and uncles and cousins get together.

76. Hog's Breath curly fries and ranch dressing.

77. Singing at the top of my lungs.

78. Taking too many photos.

79. The ocean, and all her moods.

80. Making lists.

81. My new jeans.

82. Old cars, especially the old Ford GT.

83. The fact that I'm a descendant of convicts.

84. Sixties and seventies fashion. And music. And cars. What can I say? I was born in the wrong era...

85. My figure. Chasing kids around all day does wonders...

86. Leaders and revolutionaries who worked to make the world a better place. Like Ghandi. And Mother Teresa.

87. The Internet.

88. The farm I grew up on.

89. Elephants.

90. Other cultures and foods.

91. The smell of fresh-cut lawn. And running on it with bare feet.

92. Old things. Especially old houses, old pianos, and old violins. Oh, the stories they could tell.

93. Seeing old couples holding hands.

94. Any movie or book that can make me cry.

95. A sense of humour. And the ability to laugh at oneself. (Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be amused.)

96. Australia.

97. This adventure called life. With all her ups and downs, and the in-betweens, too.

98. Talking to myself. I have such interesting and entertaining conversations!

99. Surprises.

100. All the people in my life, both big and little, and near and far, who enrich it in so many ways.

7 comments:

Pondering and Writing said...

Lovely. Great way to remind ourselves of important things! : )

Veggie Mama said...

I'm fairly sure there's nothing better in this world than curly fries and ranch dressing.

Jen said...

What a wonderful list :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome list! I could never think of that many, however you have given me a challange that I must meet. I shall post my own sometime this week!

Timena said...

Love the list. I followed you from Brenda's FYBF. Just thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Shelby said...

I am your newest follower from FYBF

Kerry said...

This list is a real inspiration. It made me think about making my own. Thank You.